Erected in the XVIII century on the former place of the fish market in a Louis XVI style, the theatre of Arras was inaugurated for the first time on the eve of the French Revolution, in 1785. Its sober façade was built in a neo-classical style while the inner architecture has the richness similar to the Italian theatre rooms, which were very famous at that time for their beauty and purity of their acoustics.
The theatre is classified as Historical Monument. From February 2003 to February 2007, the theatre underwent an important renovation work. It is now equipped with two fully renovated rooms: one dedicated to the Italian theatre and the other one to the concerts.
Stylish design in the lounge.
No responses yet